Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An update and some hexagons...

Good morning! Again, been awhile.
Thanks a bunch everyone for you kind words of support. It has been a hard month. Warms my heart to know you guys are all here cheering me on.

House update : At this stage we will be back in at the start of July. We have great temp. accommodation and school holidays start at the end of this week so no more frigging driving!! Woohoo!! Here is how it looked after they filled the skip bin




Yesterday when I popped in they have the ceiling in and painting has started.

Now for the fun stuff!!

I have been hexing up a storm! Decided to make a 'fire' quilt. Which is just a quilt made while in accommidation by hand lol! I've used black as the back ground, because, well the house was black with smoke. And the charm pack I have used is Blush. It was gifted and sighed 'This one is not smoky, love Fi' Thanks Fi :) 

btw did you see what Fi made me?! Stoked!! LOVE it!!




Crappy pictures. Still no camera so these are taking with the still broken iPhone. Sigh!
It's only little. I'm not completely crazy;) I was thinking of adding some smaller hexies in between the centre blue centre one and the outer ones. Now I'm not so sure. What do you think?

And because I had so much fun hexing those up I made these. 




They will become a story book quilt for the kids! And you all thought I wasn't doing anything ;) xox

9 comments:

Corrie said...

perfect! Oh i've missed you and your blog! I keep checking to see if you've posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

email me your address and I'll send you some cute things off for the storybook quilt!

fire quilt is a great idea and july will be here before you know it!

Corrie:)

Copper Patch said...

Quilting through adversity....that's what it's all about. Oh and buying sh1tloads of fabric, talking a bunch of hooey and making new very, very special friends :o) xx

That is Snessim according to my word verification.

Anonymous said...

My stash is smoke free, come on down and rob some! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

x

Beck said...

Hey, nice to see you! I'm glad it hasn't been too stressful being out of your house and it's great you will be back home soon. Loving the hexagons, especially the ones for the story book quilt. Hope the holidays are fun and fire free! xo

Unknown said...

That storybook quilt is going to be gorgeous! I love the red riding hood hexis. May June go fast for you.

Kate said...

Oh Bianca, I was thinking about you today when Pepper pulled the frangipani clip out and begged to wear it. So happy to hear you are ok and coping and hexing. Hope you have a great holidays. X

Vickie said...

good to hear progress is happening-gee I hope your contents insurance covered some fabric loss?-making the fire quilt is a great idea...,cheers Vickie

Unknown said...

Miss ya girl!! So glad to hear it's coming along nicely and you will be back home soon. The quilt looks fantastic...great job!!!

Gilly said...

Oh sooooo loving the hexis! Well done :) Hope all is a bit brighter for you ATM :)

Home Birth Australia