Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Coin quilt top :)

And just like that, I have another quilt top!




The strips are a precut sweet roll of Sweet by urban chicks I brought a while ago from fabric patch

I cut them into 61/2" pieces, ordered them in colour, then sewn them up. In hindsight I would have ordered them, then sewn them in groups of 10 then cut. Would have been much easier!

I also would have made the white sashing slightly wider. Other than that, I'm happy.

Please excuse the photo too. iPhone pictures are not the best!

We're on cyclone watch at the moment so I'm off to fill the drink bottles and try to stay dry. Already very very wet and windy xox

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

Julie said...

Very "sweet". Stay safe. Hopefully it blows itself out to sea.

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

Beautiful quilt top, love the ordered arrangement of colors.

Stay safe,
Rita

Corrie said...

love it! so pretty, I bought some of that range from another store just so I could have some to make a big quilt with. It's so pretty and cute!

well done! hope you stay safe
Corrie:)

ZippyZippy said...

Nice quilt top. There is never a dull moment in your place! Now, what's happened to your wizbang new camera, why are you not using that - bet I can guess - charger or card this time :)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks great Bianca.
Stay safe and hope the cyclone passes you by xo

Cat said...

I love the quilt top Bianca, coin quilts are one of my favourites. Stay safe, I hope that there isn't any damaging weather where you are. xo

CurlyPops said...

Cyclone watch now??? When will this crazy weather end?
Please stay safe!

Marg said...

It's gorgeous, I love the colour grading.

Stay safe.

Bonnie said...

I really love this quilt. Such beautiful colours.

Unknown said...

Wow - it's looovely!

Lisa said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I love the colours.

Copper Patch said...

Looks a treat babe. Don't blow away!
Ab x

Home Birth Australia